10 Compelling Quotes about the Power of Storytelling for Brands
If your brand doesn't tell a story, it's not making the impact it could (and should be) on customers.
Brands and businesses both big and small should be taking advantage of the powerful impact of storytelling. Small businesses and startups can use storytelling to share their journey with customers, building a relationship with fans who are excited to watch the brand grow. A marketing strategy without a brand story is ineffective and won't help to connect products and services to a customer’s desires, needs, or dreams. A brand without a story is a brand without an identity.
Want to hear more about what storytelling can do for your business? Check out the 10 quotes below from industry insiders and marketing experts.
2. “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.” (Seth Godin, author, entrepreneur, marketer, and public speaker)
3. “Stories create community, enable us to see through the eyes of other people, and open us to the claims of others.” (Peter Forbes, photographer and author)
4. “When you begin to talk in stories, your black-and-white words turn into color. Your drab requests turn into a mission. People find you to be more compelling. And once that happens, others will see that stories work, and they’ll start telling stories, too.” (Annette Simmons, author & business consultant)
6. “Stories knit together the realities of the past and future, of dreamed and intended moments. They teach us how we perceive and why we wonder.” (Joan Halifax, Zen Buddhist roshi and anthropologist)
7. “People don’t want more information. They are up to their eyeballs in information. They want faith – faith in you, your goals, your success, in the story you tell.” (Annette Simmons)
8. “The story – from Rapunzel to War and Peace – is one of the basic tools invented by the human mind, for the purpose of gaining understanding. There have been great societies that did not use the wheel, but there have been no societies that did not tell stories.” (Ursula K. Le Guin, author, 1979)
10. “You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.” (Beth Comstock)
Introduce yourself here to chat with our creative team and learn more about how StoryStudio can help you craft your brand story.