These Video Marketing Statistics Will Inspire You Get Started with Video in 2020
Still not quite sure your brand or business needs a video marketing strategy? That’s about to change!
Today's marketing landscape is constantly evolving. Marketers need to adapt their tactics and strategies according to changing consumer behaviors, dynamic trends, and advancing technology. To succeed in this day and age, brands must keep up with the times and adjust their marketing practices accordingly. And what's one trend that is on the fast track to becoming an essential part of every digital marketing campaign? Video marketing.
Video marketing is not only on the rise, but it is also here to stay. Video is a powerful tool for truly connecting and engaging with your customers and building strong relationships on your social media channels, your website, and more.
Here are a few that make it clear just how important video marketing is.
- Using videos on landing pages will increase conversions by 86%.
- Video content is 50x more likely to drive organic search results than plain text.
- Written articles, videos, and images are the three most engaging types of content on social media.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online.
- Video marketers see a 54% increase in brand awareness with their content among audience members.
- 92% of marketers make videos with assets they already have.
- Tweets with videos get over six times as many retweets as tweets with photos.
- 62% of people said they were more interested in a product after seeing it in a Facebook Story.
- Having a video thumbnail in the search results can double your search traffic.
- Social media and video viewing are the two most popular online activities, according to research from Smart Insights.
- 20% of people will read the text on a page, but 80% of people will watch a video.
- 81% of marketers are optimizing their social videos for mobile viewership.
- 4 of 5 consumers believe demo videos are helpful.
- Including a video in a post increases organic traffic from search results by 157%.
- 87% of industry professionals say they use video as a marketing tool. (Wyzowl, 2019)